Skip to main content

New Monthly Update

 Friends of Shalom,

Happy Easter to you all! 

I'm currently writing to you from Salem, Or where Beth and I have been spending the week with our first grandchild! Laura Anne was born on Thursday March 28th to Miriam and Tucker! She's perfect and we're enjoying all the snuggles we can get as well as serving our daughter and son-in-law. 

March was a busy month for us. Here are some updates and prayer needs.

  • We've officially moved to Sunday morning! We celebrated our first Sunday on Easter and will continue to meet on Sunday mornings at 10am. 
  • Our core team had their first gathering without me! I was preaching at Holy Trinity in Edmonds one weekend in March and our team led evening prayer, worship, and our community meal. This is a big deal for a new church! 
  • We received a generous financial gift from City Chapel! City Chapel is one of our supporting churches in Bremerton. Pastor Peter Vorhees along with the whole staff there have been a huge support to me and Shalom since we started. 
  • I got to attend our annual Cascadia Diocese clergy retreat at Mount Angel Abbey for a rich time of fellowship, rest, and of course chanting psalms with the monks. 
  • My ordination to the priesthood is scheduled for Saturday April 13th at 10am. It will be held at the small church where we meet in Old Town Silverdale, 3475 NW Carlton St. 
  • Pray for our new Sunday Gatherings! That folks would see our signs and visit! 
  • Pray for our growth. Specifically for a few more families with kids to join our church planting team! 
  • Pray for our continued financial provision. I'd like to see an additional $1000 of monthly support come in either from supporting churches or individuals. 
Here's a pic from Easter with our new sign!


Thanks again for all your prayers and support. 

For the Shalom of Kitsap,

Rob and Beth 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Season

Friends of Shalom, It’s a new season! Eating dinner with Beth the other night it just hit me how sooooo many things are new in our lives right now! First, our kids continue to keep growing up. Miriam is about to celebrate her one year anniversary with her amazing husband Tucker. Sam turned 21 this month! Ellie and Asher are so busy with hobbies, work, and friends that we barely see them. At least we have Mack to keep us company.   Second, I officially preached my last sermon at Seaside Church ten weeks ago where I have served as the lead pastor for the last decade. It was a beautiful service and I felt like the Lord really gave me a word for my own life as well as for what’s next for my Seaside Fam. If you want to listen to that message you can find it here . Third, I continue to heal from breaking my L2 vertebrae fifteen weeks ago. My surgeon recently gave me the official thumbs up to return to “normal” activities as my body allows. I’m still going to physical therapy and my full heal

Why Anglican?

  It’s a fair question.   Why would a tattooed, flannel shirt wearing, Acts 29, non-denominational pastor want to wear a collar… a robe… and go “traditional” on us? I mean, isn’t that like going backwards? I thought we left all that stuff behind in the church growth movement of the 80’s that spawned the church planting movement of the late 90’s? What the heck are you doing Rob? Again, these are fair questions I can’t fully address this in one newsletter, but here’s a start. For me the journey begins with the leading of the Holy Spirit. In the fall of 2018 I started noticing that something was off in my soul. Around this time I was invited by Pat and Jenny Tracy to take advantage of a retreat cottage they had set up for pastors from Kitsap County. This began one of the greatest spiritual shifts of my life.   The practice of taking 3-5 days away to simply be with Jesus changed me. I began scheduling more retreats and over the years I dove deeper into the contemplative side of our faith.

It's Go Time!

It’s Go Time!  This last weekend we celebrated Beth’s 46th birthday by spending a few days down in Oregon with all our kids. We had a great time catching up and enjoying two beautiful fall days together. On the way down my wife reminded me that her birthday was the sixth month anniversary of my cycling accident (I broke my L2 vertebrae back in April). It’s hard to believe that was six months ago! Six months ago, I was preparing to transition out of my last pastorate of 10 years and was also getting ready to begin some initial meetings for Shalom Anglican. Needless to say, my accident changed those plans. The thought crossed my mind, “God, are you trying to get my attention to keep me from planting this church?” But during my weeks of recovery it didn’t seem like the Lord was removing this calling; however, he was slowing me down! I shared with several friends that I wanted to embrace everything the Lord had for me in this time of rest and healing. My typical response would be to plow a